PERSON’S AUCTION HOUSE
Terms And Conditions
Rules, Terms and Conditions
All bidders should read the Terms and Conditions of the Sale before bidding with Person’s Auction. To bid in our sale is to enter into a contract bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Sale. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change by verbal announcement on sale day or by posted notice. They bind the successful bidder (purchaser), Person’s Auction and the seller (consignor).
Terms of Sale
To bid on a lot offered by Person’s Auction is to accept the following Terms of Sale. Whether or not you have read or understand any of the said terms, participation in the auction binds you to an agreement with these terms.
Condition of Items
Despite the efforts of Person’s Auction to accurately describe each item, these items are for sale “as is, where is”. It is the bidder’s responsibility (present or absentee) to directly examine and appraise the item condition. Person’s Auction is not responsible for typographical errors. Neither we nor the consignor, make any guarantees, warranties, or representation expressed, or implied, related to the property, the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibition, literature or historic relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty or representation. It is the responsibility of potential buyer to inspect the property before bidding to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been restored. So too, the bidder is responsible for making contact with Person’s Auction to uncover any information that might reveal more about the item(s).
If electrical, mechanical, or other working parts are found dysfunctional, (even if working at the time of sale) we are not liable.
Questions pertaining to upcoming auction items should be submitted at least 24 hours before the end of the sale. Neither we, nor the consignor make any guarantee as to whether the purchaser can successfully acquire any reproduction rights in the property. Returns are not accepted under any circumstances unless and only received item is not within the said description.
Rights and Responsibilities
The auctioneer reserves the right to determine the highest bidder and to reopen the bidding of a disputed lot. Floor bids take precedence over internet and absentee bids. When the auctioneer closes each lot the ownership is passed to the winning bidder who then assumes all risk and full responsibility. It is recommended that you take out insurance for your items immediately after winning them. Person’s Auction is not responsible for any bid errors or omissions. Also, we shall have no liability to any bidder for any technical or other failure associated with the internet, absentee bidding, or telephone bidding.
The winner of any lot will receive an invoice from M & P Global Luxury DMCC ( Proprietor Of Person’s Auction House)
• ABSENTEE BIDDING Person’s Auction accepts absentee bids if pre-authorized by mail or through “www.personsauction.com” online. The absentee bid form requires the bidder to clearly mark the lot number, title and maximum bid amount. Absentee bidding forms may be accessed online at “www.personsauction.com”. If two (2) absentee bids of the same amount are received, priority will be given to the first bid received. Bids must be left in increments as shown on the bid form. The auctioneer can round bids left “out of increment,” to the next correct increment. Bidders may preview, register and place bids online through our website, “www.personsauction.com” Absentee and online bids placed through our website will be auto charged to the credit card entered 24 hours after the end of the sale. If you wish to pay by another method please contact us within 24 hours after the sale. Seller(s) agree to allow the Auctioneer to accept and execute absentee bids competitively for potential buyers and under the Person’s Auction absentee bidding terms and conditions. During the live sale, the auctioneer will execute your absentee bid competitively up to the maximum amount you have indicated.
• ONLINE BIDDING – Online bidding through “www.personsauction.com”, Live Auctioneers, or other bidding platforms may be available; all Terms and Conditions apply. Refer to your bidding platform of choice to see how added surcharges associated with these platforms affect your final buyer’s premium. If within 3 working days, from the receiving of †he final invoice the bidder has not paid, M&P Global Luxury (Proprietor of Person’s Auction) reserves the right to use and charge, the full amount or partial amount from the credit card provided with a minimum of $1500 US dollar. The auctioneer has the final word on all item(s) sold. You (the bidder) assume the risk of winning an item online and not having the item actually sell to you. This is due to the final discretion of the auctioneer and the operator not being able to re-open that lot. Online bidders are held responsible for accidental bidding.
• BID RESULTS – Person’s Auction contacts successful bidders 24-48 hours after the auction with an official invoice. The invoice will include item, hammer price, premium, packing and handling, shipping, insurance, and any other charges that apply. Please, hold phone/email inquiries regarding bid success until after receiving your invoice. Winning bid information can be provided the second business day after the auction. Person’s Auction will not provide bidder information to any outside sources. You may always contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.
• TELEPHONE BIDDING (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE) – Requests for phone lines must be received at least three (3) days prior to the auction date. Person’s Auction cannot guarantee phone lines but will make every attempt to accommodate those who wish to participate through that method. Phone lines are provided on a first come first served basis. Please visit “www.personsauction.com” or call on +971 4 580 9550 to request a call from our representatives during the live auction. (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE)
Bid increments listed are a general guideline. Actual increments are at the auctioneer’s discretion. If a lot does not receive a bid of 25% of the low estimate, the lot will be passed by the auctioneer.
$0 – $500…$25
$500 – $1,000…$50
$1,000 – $2,000…$100
$2,000 – $5,000…$250
$5,000 – $10,000…$500
$10,000 +… Auctioneer’s discretion
The majority of our items do carry a moderate reserve. Please note that when a lot carries a reserve, the reserve is usually somewhere below or higher than our low estimate. The item will only be sold when the reserve price is met.
Successful online bids are subject to a certain % buyer’s premium depending on the item. A surcharge may be added for any third party online bidding platform that the bidder utilizes. Refer to your bidding platform of choice for the final buyer’s premium. Also note as per the VAT rules & regulations of UAE at 5% VAT is applicable on the buyer’s premium.
Payments may be made to M&P Global Luxury (Proprietor of Person’s Auction) via wire transfer or by Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit or debit card. Details of the payment (bank details with account number, IBAN..) will always be provided on the final invoice sent to the successful bidder. All items must be paid for within 3 business days of the sale. Please note that payment by personal or business check may result in product not being released until purchase funds clear our bank. For any further clarification on the payments, please do contact us on email@example.com or our landline +(971) 4 580 9550
Packing, Shipping & Insurance
It is the bidder’s responsibility to consider shipping, handling & insurance costs when bidding on items. Person’s Auction can only provide with the shipping or insurance cost upon bidders request through our reputed service providers. Also note the quotes provided to the bidders at the beginning of the auction may change depending on airfreight or transportation costs. Insurance will be quoted against the final bidding value.
• SCHEDULING A PICK-UP – If you would like to pick up your item(s) in person after the auction closes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date and time. Walk-ins are not permitted at this time.
• ONSITE BIDDERS – (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE) Liability transfers immediately upon winning a lot. Items paid for must be packed, transported and/or removed by the purchaser at his/her own risk after the close of the sale. We recommend that you insure your items immediately upon winning them. If the services of an employee or agent of Person’s Auction for packing or transporting the merchandise are used, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. The agent or employee will not hold Person’s Auction liable for any loss or damage that may be caused.
• ITEMS NOT PICKED UP THE DAY OF THE SALE – Packaging, shipping, and insurance on items will be made available as an added courtesy and cost. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon winning an item. Again, if any employee or agent of Person’s Auction shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. The said agent or employee will not hold Person’s Auction liable for any loss or damage that may be caused.
All applicable charges will be applied. Shipping will be based on actual costs via Dubai or any other designated location prior expressed in the items listing. Handling and insurance will vary in cost depending on each invoice. All packages will be shipped with insurance within seven (4-5) business days after payment is received.
• SHIPPING TERMS – Person’s Auction will ship all items to the buyer at the listed address through our reputed third party service providers. Any risk of loss or damage to the item(s) during transit by the selected provider or any other carrier, in excess of the insurance provided by or purchased from Person’s Auction, is at the sole risk of the buyer. The buyer through the carrier should purchase additional insurance coverage. The buyer releases Person’s Auction from any and all claims for loss or damage to any item during transit and agrees to pay all costs of defense, including attorney’s fees, for any claims brought against Person’s Auction for loss or damage occurring during transit. If the Lots to be released within UAE or GCC, a duty of 5% will be applicable on the final invoice. For information on taxes & duties for other countries will be advised based on the shipping requirements
• COMBINED SHIPPING – When possible consolidate multiple purchases in the same parcel to reduce shipping costs. However, it is the buyer’s responsibility to pay for the shipping cost of every item purchased, as if they were being shipped individually. Combining shipments is an adjustment that takes place when we can determine which items (if any) can safely be shipped together.
• INSURANCE – Shipping insurance is automatically added up to $1,000 for every package. If your package is valued at >$10,000 we will also automatically add “Additional Insurance”, which you can decline by contacting us. If you wish to arrange for “Additional Insurance” for packages valued between $1,000 and $10,000 please contact us prior to payment and we can quote this additional insurance amount for you. Insurance for all 3rd party shipments must be arranged through that carrier.
• INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING – Person’s Auction is an experienced international shipper. Please understand that we refuse, under any circumstance, to under-declare international purchases. Be aware that your international order may be subject to import charges/duties that are not included in our invoiced shipping charge. You will be responsible for these charges if applicable in your country. All shipments will include the invoice with purchase totals including the buyer’s premium and shipping cost. If you plan to pick-up your item(s) please notify us immediately and we will deduct the shipping cost from your invoice.
Person’s Auction house enlists experts to provide careful descriptions of every item it represents. We ensure the descriptions are accurate and that they fully disclose any exceptions to condition. All items are sold as is, where is, with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability of any other kind, express or implied.
You are only entitled to return on the basis if the item received does not match with the description of the actual item mentioned in the Lot or Invoice.